Saturday, April 19, 2008

Copics!!!

So Cambria went to Copic Certification and my watercoloring improves drastically -go figure! I would kill (OK not really) to go to that. I LOVE my copics!! This took a really long time but I had fun and this might be my all-time favorite card that I have ever made. I made it with my Barb in mind. I would have like to sue this for her birthday card but time got away on me. Now I will just have to mail it!! I had a really hard time matching the papers after I was done coloring it but in the end I think it is just about perfect!. I REALLY wanted to add some ribbon but I either didn't have the right ribbon or this card really shouldn't have any. Now I need more detailed stamps so I can color! I really don't have a lot!! Sounds like it's time to go shopping!

So the gist is you don't have to have a blender to blend (mine hasn't come yet from Gina K's marker club) you can use the lighter colored markers to "push" the color around the paper. I used shimmery white from SU and there was no pilling and the color moved easily. I didn't have the blender to "erase" where I went out of the lines so I created a background color with 2 markers. I also didn't really get that "shadow behind the item" look because of this but once I get the blender i will be able to erase where I need to and then put the shadow in and leave the background white!v Thanks for looking!

No comments: